LEARN TO BUILD DATA-DRIVEN WEB APPLICATIONS USING PHP
Covering the latest release of the PHP open-source scripting language, PHP: A Beginnerís Guide teaches you how to write basic PHP programs and enhance them with more advanced features such as MySQL and SQLite database integration, XML input, and third-party extensions.
This fast-paced tutorial provides one-stop coverage of PHP software installation, language syntax and data structures, flow control routines, built-in functions, and best practices. Inside, youíll learn to manipulate strings and arrays, work with HTML and Web pages, accept and validate user input, parse XML code, and store and retrieve information in databases. Plus, youíll learn how to apply your skills in the real world, with more than 30 hands-on projects.
- Receive a thorough grounding in PHP's syntax and grammar
- Obtain and process user input submitted via online forms
- Store and retrieve data from MySQL and SQLite databases
- Authenticate and track users with sessions and cookies
- Use functions and classes to build modular, reusable code
- Process and manipulate XML documents
- Protect, log, and debug PHP script actions
- Perform efficient exception handling and error processing
- Enhance your code with third-party libraries
- Practice your skills on real-world applications